Donegal Airport in the northwest of Ireland along the Wild Atlantic Way has been voted as the most scenic airport in the world for the third time in a row, according to a survey conducted by PrivateFly.
Located at Carrickfinn, about 15 minutes outside of Dungloe and Gweedore, Donegal Airport (Aerfort Dhún na nGall) has a runway length of 4921 feet and is suitable for small props, small jets, and regional airliners.
In a Facebook post, the management and staff at Donegal Airport said they were delighted to again be named the winner, and thanked everyone for their support.
Claiming the top spot, Donegal Airport beat out these other airports:
- Donegal Airport – Ireland
- Msembe Airstrip – Tanzania
- Skiathos (Alexandros Papadiamantis) Airport – Greece
- Orlando Melbourne International Airport – USA
- Barra Airport – Scotland
- Bora Bora (Motu Mute) Airport – French Polynesia
- St Maarten (Princess Juliana) International Airport – St Maarten
- Praslin Island Airport – Seychelles
- Dubai International Airport – United Arab Emirates
- Nadi International Airport – Fiji