The five-star Culloden Hotel and Spa in Belfast, which has entertained A-list couples such as Victoria and David Beckham and Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas, is celebrating the major accolade of Best Hotel for Romance by Luxury Lifestyle Magazine.
The prestigious Readers’ Travel Awards 2020 saw over 20,000 readers internationally deliberating over the shortlisted nominees of some of the industry’s most show-stopping destinations, hotels, cruise lines and tour operators.
The hotel recently completed a £750,000 renovation of the spa and wellness facilities. In what is fitting timing to have been named Best Hotel for Romance, it added a new couples’ treatment room with a host of luxurious treatments offering guests the chance to enjoy quality time together.
Part of the Hastings Hotels Group, the Culloden is a favourite destination with couples from around the world wishing to enjoy a romantic break in a magnificent estate in the suburbs of Belfast.
It hosts around 90 weddings a year with people travelling from far-flung destinations like Dubai and Australia to celebrate their big day at the hotel.
Many of these return to celebrate their wedding anniversaries including one particular loved-up couple who book a different suite every year. They plan to have stayed in all 24 by the time they celebrate their silver jubilee in the hotel’s Presidential Suite
“It’s no secret that everything about the Culloden embodies romance and what makes this award even more special is the fact that it has been voted for by guests who have enjoyed a romantic stay with us,” said Lisa Steele, General Manager of the Culloden Estate & Spa.
“It’s a great honour to receive this prestigious accolade and it is fantastic to see the hotel continuing to be recognised on an international stage. We are committed to ensuring all of our guests have the very best 5-star stay every time through our continuous investment in the hotel’s facilities.”
The extensive investment this year, which started in January, has seen part of The Spa at the Culloden redesigned with the introduction of both a new linear vitality pool which enables views of the garden through the floor to ceiling windows and a Tylarium, which is a combination of a sauna and steam room.
To celebrate being named Best Hotel for Romance, the Culloden Estate & Spa has launched the Just the Two of Us and Five Star Romance packages:
Five Star Romance from £175pp includes:
- Luxurious overnight stay in an Executive Room
- Mini bottle of Prosecco each in room
- Romantic breakfast in bed the following morning
- Candlelit 3-course dinner in Vespers Restaurant
- Sensuous ESPA bath oils for a dreamy bath experience
- Hastings Love Duck
Just the Two of Us from £575pp includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a beautiful Suite overlooking the Estate or Belfast Lough
- Romantic breakfast in bed on the first morning and in Vespers on the second morning
- Bottle of Champagne in your Suite on arrival
- Candlelit 3-course dinner in Vespers Restaurant on the first night of your stay
- Sensuous ESPA bath oils for a sumptuous bathing experience
- 1 x 50-minute treatment each in the newly opened Couples Treatment Suite
- Hastings Love Duck
For further information, or to book a romantic overnight stay at the Culloden Estate & Spa go to www.hastingshotels.com or call 028 9042 1066.